Drumclay Crannog Report | We wait. We are bored.

Looking back through my email correspondence, I see that it has been a while since there has been any communication on the status of the much anticipated Drumclay Crannog Report by Prof. Gabriel Cooney. I'm not going to let this one go, so this morning I emailed Mark H Durkan, Minister for the Environment:

September 15 2014
Dear Minister Durkan,
I last wrote to you on March 22nd 2014 regarding the status of the report: ‘Review of the context of the excavation of a crannog in Drumclay townland, Co. Fermanagh on the route of the Cherrymount Link Road’. On April 11th 2014 I received your reply via Mr Brian McKervey, Acting Director of Built Heritage, NIEA. At that time, I was informed that you were considering the contents of that report and were in the process of sharing it with your Executive colleagues. I would like to enquire what progress you have made in this regard in the 157 days since your response, and when you propose to publish the report.
Yours,
Robert M Chapple

In short order, I received a response from his Constituency Office:


Dear Mr Chapple

Your e mail has been received here at Mr Durkan’s constituency office, I have forwarded it to the Ministers private office of the DOE for their attention and response.

Kind Regards

Shauna Cusack
(Office Manager)


A little while later I received confirmation that my email had made it as far as Stormont (albeit under the rather ominous subject line of: TOF 414 14 Acknowledgement):


Mr Chapple
Thank you for your email regarding the Crannog at Drumclay, Co Fermanagh.
A response will be issued in due course.
Kind regards
Catherine Heath 
DOE Private Office

I'll update the blog and keep everyone informed when I hear more!

Background and previous posts can be found here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Three Billboards Outside University College London: A case of approved plagiarism by Prof Andrew Bevan et al.

The dreaded first test post!

"Always remember to draw the swastika turning to the right": Some thoughts on swastika directionality in Early Medieval Irish Art